If a tenant chooses tenant initiated payments as their payment method, they will be required to use the iPayRent Tenant Portal to submit their rent payments.
Below is the screenshot of part of the Service Request Form, showing the option to select tenant initiated payments.
Before using the tenant portal, you will need to log in. Click here for a guide on how to log on to the Tenant Portal.
This is what the Tenant Portal looks like when the tenant first logs in. It shows the navigation options down the left-hand side as Quicklinks.
Clicking on Submit Payment will allow the tenant to make a single payment using the payment method linked to their account.
1. Select the payment method using the drop-down menu (you can use either the bank account or credit card configured to that tenant)
2. Enter the payment amount
3. Press Calculate to calculate the total amount to be paid including fees
4. Press Submit Payment
5. The payment receipt will be displayed. The tenant will have the option to email this to themselves.
The tenant can view the "Preferences" section by clicking the Preferences button on the navigation bar. On this screen they can modify their settings. Note that the tenant # and tenant name cannot be modified by the tenant. The tenant can modify their contact details or change their password by filling in the fields highlighted below and clicking Save.
Clicking the Address button on the navigation bar shows the address details associated with the tenant account. These cannot be changed by the tenant. If a tenant wishes for their address to be updated they must contact their property manager.
Clicking Bank account opens up this screen. These are the bank details entered on the Service Request Form and cannot be updated by the tenant. If a tenant needs to change their bank account they will need to submit a "Change of Account Details" form to their property manager.
Tenants can access the "Change of Account Details" form using the "Documents" section on the navigation bar. Other forms can also be downloaded from this section.
The "Credit Card" section can be accessed from the navigation bar and will contain any credit card details associated with the tenant account. As with bank account details, the tenant cannot modify these details and must submit a "Change of Account Details" form to their property manager to update their payment details.
Clicking Payment History will allow the tenant to look up their previous payments. They can do this by following the below steps:
1. Enter the date ranges and/or amount to bring the range of payment history you require.
2. Click Search
3. A list of transactions will populate below
4. A tenant can view transaction details by selecting the Actions drop-down menu and selecting View Details
5. The payment details will be displayed as below:
(1) Transaction time for when it was done
(2) Payment type (Direct debit, BPAY etc)
(3) Show if it was tenant or agent initiated payment
(4) The real estate details
(5) Reference for payment, receipt and settlement date
(6) Tenant banking details for the account that was used.
Clicking on Recurring Payments will allow the tenant to set up their own scheduled recurring payment. This can be done by filling in the fields highlighted below. Note that the tenant can only select the payment method configured by their property manager.
Clicking on Reports opens this window. In this section the tenant can download a report showing all rent payments for the last 6 months.